Using a flip-card format, this compact guide provides protocols that take the guesswork out of image documentation. These comprehensive protocols follow the imaging guidelines of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) and include a universal method for documenting any type of pathology. Examples of the required images for the physician’s diagnostic interpretation are included. Documentation specifics are provided for full and limited abdominal studies, gynecological and obstetric exams, and prostate evaluations. Also provided are protocols for small parts, vascular system, and echocardiography.
- Flip-card format with spiral binding allows the book to sit upright close to the console, so sonographer can easily flip pages while scanning to be sure that correct protocols are followed.
- Step-by-step instructions describe criteria for each ultrasound study, then provide examples of each scan that should be obtained to complete the study.
- Protocols follow guidelines provided by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), the organization that sets sonography policies, practice standards, safety procedures, and performance guidelines.
- Detailed line drawings accompany most sonograms, clarifying the structures shown on the diagnostic image.
- Over 1,200 images and drawings are provided, including images with accompanying drawings for every AIUM-approved protocol ― offering a visual step-by-step scanning approach to the performance of scans and image documentation for physician diagnostic interpretation.
- New images are added to complete the scanning protocols approved by the AIUM.