The most user-friendly, clinically relevant overview of the practice of anesthesiology
A Doody’s Core Title for 2017!
Current, concise, and engagingly written, Morgan & Mikhail’s Clinical Anesthesiology, Fifth Edition is a true essential for all anesthesia students and practitioners. This trusted classic delivers comprehensive coverage of the field’s must-know basic science and clinical topics in a clear, easy-to-understand presentation. Indispensable for coursework, exam review, and as a clinical refresher, this trusted text has been extensively updated to reflect the latest research and developments.
Here’s why Clinical Anesthesiology is the best anesthesiology resource:
- NEW full-color presentation
- NEW chapters on the most pertinent topics in anesthesiology, including anesthesia outside of the operating room and a revamped peripheral nerve blocks chapter that details ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia
- Up-to-date discussion of all relevant areas within anesthesiology, including equipment, pharmacology, regional anesthesia, pathophysiology, pain management, and critical care
- Case discussions promote application of the concepts to real-world practice
- Numerous tables and figures encapsulate important information and facilitate memorization
About the Author
John F. Butterworth, MD is Chairman, Department of Anesthesia at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia.
David C. Mackey, MD is Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas.
John D. Wasnick, MD is Chairman, Department of Anesthesia, Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas.