Brought to you in a thorough yet accessible manner, the new edition of Medical Biochemistrygives access to all of the latest information on basic and clinically focused genetic and molecular biology. Featuring a team of contributors that includes investigators involved in cutting-edge research as well as experienced clinicians, this updated medical textbook offers a unique combination of both research and practice that’s ideal for today’s problem-based integrated courses.
- Relate biochemistry to everyday practice with the help of Clinical Boxes integrated into the text, and access in-depth coverage of important topics – including recent research in biochemistry – through Advanced Concept Boxes.
- Test your knowledge and improve retention with Active Learning Boxes at the conclusion of each chapter, and quickly review the most common lab tests performed with convenient Clinical Test Boxes.
- Effectively study the most updated information in biochemistry with the help of a dynamic, full-color design.
- Better understand the relationship between science and clinical practice with material organized by organ rather than system.
- Quickly review descriptions of difficult concepts with an online glossary available at Student Consult. Additional online components include clinical images, clinical boxes, case studies, online note-taking capabilities, and 150 multiple-choice and USMLE-style questions.
- Gain a thorough understanding of biomarkers and their uses with brand-new information on the subject.
- Access today’s most recent research regarding Gene Therapy, Proteomics and Recombinant DNA Techniques, Role of Kidney in Metabolism, and Neurochemistry.
***2010 BMA Book Awards – Highly Commended – Basic and Clinical Sciences category***
“This is a very thorough book which is great for use for reference and also for quick revision from the summaries at the end of every chapter. The figures are of high quality: figure 1.1 Biochemistry, all in one, is a good overview of the metabolic pathways. Additionally, the clinical boxes highlight clinically relevant information. Overall, this is an excellent resource for undergraduates. – Judge’s comments
“…It includes all the essential biochemistry needed and indicates further reading at the end of each chapter. Importantly, it frequently uses clinical examples and there is an excellent use of clear and colourful diagrams. There are also a variety of revision questions at the back which are useful for exam practice. – UK Medical Student
“Graphics are amazing and sooooOOOOO helpful! I have never liked chemistry but thanks to this book I managed to get an A on my Biochemistry 2 exam. – Medical Student, University of Zagreb
“…[lots of] colourful diagrams that are easy to follow and well explained (unusual for a textbook on biochemistry!). The textbook works through the systems of the body in a very logical and clear way without being too complex or misleading…the authors have clearly spent a lot of time assessing what is relevant for the course and in what detail. – Medical Student, University of Glasgow.