The #1 surgical practice and education resource — completely updated and now in full-color!
A Doody’s Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE for 2011!
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“In its evolution over nine editions, Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery has reflected the latest in surgical practice. In the age of minimally invasive surgery, illustrations are important and these authors include a wealth of visual material of good to excellent quality.”–Doody’s Review Service
Written by the world’s foremost practitioners and instructors, this landmark reference logically progresses from basic science principles, including topics such as cells, genomics, and molecular surgery, to clinical areas such as pancreas. From cover to cover, the book reflects a distinctly modern approach in the dissemination of surgical knowledge, providing up-to-date coverage of all key surgical areas, from trauma and transplantation, to neurosurgery. In each chapter, this content is supported by a skill-building format that includes boxed key points, detailed anatomical figures, diagnostic and management algorithms, an abundance of informative tables, and key references.
For every kind of procedure, this one-of-a-kind clinical companion helps you meet the sequential demands in the care of surgical patients, leading to the best possible outcomes.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Full color design for easier navigation
- 2 new chapters: “Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Core Competencies,” examines the six areas designated as critical for general surgery resident training and “Ethics, Palliative Care, and Care at the End of Life,” offers an overview of biomedical ethics, and surveys specific issues in surgical and professional ethics, the general principles and considerations of palliative care, and care at the end of life
- Greater focus on evidence-based medicine with highlighted references in each chapter and separate key reference list
- Increased number of treatment and diagnostic algorithms
- Key points in every chapter
- International advisory board comprising renowned surgeons contributes important regional feedback on content and curricula
- Companion DVD of surgical video clips
About the Author
F. Charles Brunicardi, MD, FACS
DeBakey/Bard Professor and Chairman, Michael E. DeBakey
Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine,
Dana K. Andersen, MD, FACS
Professor and Vice-Chair, Department of Surgery
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Surgeon-in-Chief, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Timothy R. Billiar, MD, FACS
George Vance Foster Professor and Chairman of Surgery
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School
of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PADavid L. Dunn, MD, PhD, FACS
Vice President for Health Sciences, State University
of New York, Buffalo, Buffalo, NYJohn G. Hunter, MD, FACS
Mackenzie Professor and Chair,
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science
University, Portland, ORJeffrey B. Matthews, MD, FACS
Dallas B. Phemister Professor and Chairman
Department of Surgery, University of Chicago,
Chicago, ILRaphael E. Pollock, MD, PhD, FACS
Head, Divisin of Surgery, Professor and Chairman,
Department of Surgical Oncology, Senator A.M. Aiken, Jr.,
Distinguished Chair, University of Texas M.D.
Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX