Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease Professional Edition, 9th Edition
|By Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Abul K. Abbas, MBBS and Jon C. Aster, MD, PhD
$246.00, Expert Consult, Reference
A title in the Robbins Pathology Series.222
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Pathology Category!
Dependable, current, and complete, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition is the perennially best-selling text that you’ll use long after your medical student days are behind you. A world-class author team headed by Drs. Vinay Kumar, Abul Abbas, and Jon Aster, delivers the latest, most essential pathology knowledge in a readable, interesting manner, ensuring optimal understanding of the latest basic science and clinical content. High-quality photographs and full-color illustrations highlight new information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, and much more.
“This book is even shorter than before. That is really impressive. I cannot but admire this book, which I keep re-reading since I entered Pathology in 1966. Wow, it shows that even a first class book can be improved – hard to believe but true.It is very readable and even funny in some places. The text is nicely laid out and the book looks less bulky than the previous edition. The illustrations are excellent. Even though the book is definitely for the new generations, I am sure that it will be welcomed by senior pathologists trying to keep up with the times – I doubt that I am the only old timer eager to re-read it.” – Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD, author of Pathology Secrets and Pathophysiology
“Pathologic Basis of Disease continues to be the most appropriate text for all students of pathology, be they in medical or health curricula, studying medical sciences in the context of another field such as engineering or business, and for professionals requiring a rapid reference to common pathologic conditions and pathways. Anyone who interfaces with human illness should have a copy of this book.” – Michael A. Seidman, M.D., Ph.D.Department of Pathology, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage, ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
- Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
New to this Edition
- Stay up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
- Consult new Targeted Therapy boxes online that discuss drug therapy for specific diseases.
- Gain a new perspective in key areas thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. Further your understanding with access to a wealth of interactive ancillaries on the Expert Consult site, including pathology case studies and videos and an extensive image collection.
By Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL; Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA and Jon C. Aster, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA